Tuesday, July 20, 2010

P.M.S.

P.M.S.


Pretty. Much. Stressed.

My head is a whirlwind of thoughts, and chaos these days!

Why you might ask?

I am prepping for a conference next week, making lists, lists of what to pack, lists of what needs to be done before I leave, lists of what to buy for food for the boys while I am gone, weeding the yard, scrubbing toilets, cleaning floors, trying on outfits, prepping my talks, feeding the dog, trying to be a momma to two energy filled boys, making meals, remembering to brush my teeth, trying to get enough sleep, trying not to procrastinate, prepping for the oldest little guys birthday, trying not to forget back to school is just around the corner, checking the mail which leads to stress when envelopes get opened and bills appear from out of nowhere, thinking about whether my eyebrows need to be tamed, still working on being the supportive, loving submissive Engineers wife, oh and did I mention it’s the week in which hormones are in a bouncy house having a hay day?

So there you asked!

Oh wait that’s right you didn’t ask, so why in the world share all of it…especially in such a public forum?

Because as I re-read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 this morning, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any troubles with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.”

I am reminded it’s not about me and my story. It’s not about me being worried about being misunderstood, embarrassed, or ashamed. It’s all about Him and His story. I am trusting and believing Him this morning. He has some love and grace to give. And maybe, just maybe that person clicks on today and gets loved on…now that will make this all worth it!

For what we go through in this world cannot separate us from the love of God.

Nothing can.

Not hormones.

Not our own agenda.

Not our sleep deprived minds.

Not our dogs, toilets, weeds in our yard.

Not our lack of parenting skills.

Not our bills, money, and credit cards.

Not even our out of control eyebrows.

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39

Nothing can.

Friends that is a promise that is filled with God, back by God and will be fulfilled by God.

May you hold tight and know that today.

May you know that in the Pretty Much Stressed times of your life you are still surrounded by a God who loves and adores you and that this is part of the story and He will tell it when and how He needs too!

“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.” 2 Corinthians 1:20-22

4 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Heart said...

PMS? I thought I was through with that but when you defined it your way I find I'm not. The last few weeks have been stressful, but praise God He has been with me and others involved all the way. Maybe not what I would want but God is an all knowing God and knows what is best for us all and what we can and cannot handle. The things we think we cannot handle He just steps right in and holds us tight with His unfailing love. Praise God.

achildoftheking said...

Great post! God is such an awesome God. Praise Him in all ways, shapes and days.

Kimberly said...

He very much had to remind me the other day to be still and know that He is God! To cease striving and know that He is God! So thankful for all that you and I KNOW about Him...of His faithfulness, of His love, of His provision, of how He is all that we need and more.

You are so sweet to be honest here with your feelings and how God has loved on you...all so that others can be encouraged.

Praying for you with all of your final preparations!
See you SOON!!!!
Hmmmmm....I need to go get ready, too!!!!
Love,
K