Monday, June 23, 2008

The One Thing

June 16, 2008
It hit me pretty hard a few days ago, anxiety, nerves, and fear. Satan is using the one thing that I hold very dear to my heart, my boys, and he is trying to use it to take my eyes of my purpose. The purpose God has called me to. Satan is trying to convince me that no one can take care of the boys like I can, and that they won’t be okay if I am gone. Know I know in my mind that this is insane, but my heart is feeling differently. So my mantra that I am repeating as often as need be, which right now is every few minutes:
Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (emphasizes mine)
When I read the above verses I hear God telling me this:
"Nichole don’t worry about anything, which includes your boys, I created them and I above everyone including you know how to care for them! So bring all your concerns to me and lay them down, and thank me because I will take them on as my own. As I take them on I am going to give you peace. A peace that will guard your heart so that Satan cannot get in and a peace that will keep your mind focused on me. I will do this all through Jesus, and remember Satan can’t get through Him."
Wow there is power in that!

No comments: