Monday, April 13, 2009

Whatcha doin'

So I woke this morning and found myself in 1 Peter 3. And without sharing all the details of the insane numbers of personal convictions...I will just say...Friends the word of God is alive and active and working in me!

So I sit down this afternoon during nap time (now don't go sharing my secret with the boys for they think momma is also napping) I sit myself down at the computer to work on the sessions I will be speaking at next week. I have two different sessions to share next week, both sessions I have shared before...but I am a firm believer in the need to share what God is doing currently in our relationship...so these sessions need some updating and new life! As I sit at the computer I am feeling overwhelmed...what do I share?, what do you want me to share God? There is a lot of stuff, but I am not clear on what He wants me to share. So I am plugging away and hear God call me back to His precious word...and friends I am thinking 'its gotta be good if He's calling me to come'

So I find myself in 1 Peter 4. Here is the part I want to share with you:


The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:7-11 (emphasis mine)

Yeah it was all there! My amazing God speaking right to my heart.

Dear Heavenly Father thank You for Your precious word that is alive and active and working in me! Thank You for filling me with the spirit that is keeping me teachable. I praise You for the awesome privilege of serving the people around me. May You fill me with all I need to love those around me, to serve them, and administer Your amazing grace. May I speak Your words, so that You will be honored, glorified and lifted up! Amen

I want to encourage you today to know that He is alive. Know that He wants your relationship to be active and refreshed. He has great things for you. Blessings and love to pour out on you!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

God spoke a word to me today too. Isn't it cool?!?!??!?!?!

My other question is why AREN'T you napping when they do? Are you crazy?????

Leslie said...

Offering hospitality without grumbling is definitely something I need to work on! I'm terrible at opening up my home to others. My neighbor and I are talking about starting a local Moms in Touch group here. She offered her house as a meeting place, and I was so thankful for that! Lord, please work on me in this area!!

Sue J. said...

I'm always pondering the part about "speaking the very words of God," because that can be a pretty awesome responsibility. Sure, God's word is right there, but we have to really get what we're talking about to be able to speak it to someone else. Not that we have complete or final understanding--but He blesses us with knowledge, by His Spirit, to be able to share with confidence, given where we are at the time.

(whew!) And this from Peter! HA.... Yes, this was a most excellent letter of his. You sound encouraged, my friend!

Van said...

So true- when we are willing to listen, He speaks.

achildoftheking said...

Nichole, this is mind blowing stuff, God's word.

Praise to God Almighty for working in us.

Thank You Father God, In Jesus' name, amen.

Joyful said...

Nichole, I have never shared the same message twice when I've spoken in the past. I'm a firm believer in being 'current' with what God is speaking to us and doing in us. A fresh Word from Him and testimony in Him.

I'm still pondering on what the 1 Peter passage is saying to me right now. Thank you for this Word. Rejoicing in how personal God is with each of us.

Praying for you,
Joy

Kimberly said...

I love all of your studying in 1 Peter! It is actually what we have been focusing on in our MOPS leadership meetings this year! :) And I have really been thinking this year about how I want to speak the words He speaks and serve out of His strength. No one needs a whole bunch of ME! ;)

Praying for you as you continue to be such a sweet, obedient servant of the Lord! Knowing He will fill your mouth with His words to share!

And I will have to think on your post from today. :)
Lots of love!
K