Monday, March 29, 2010

What's your week look like?

Do you have your week planned out?

For us its a week filled with firsts...our first official Spring break for Mr. Kindergartner, to say he is excited is an understatement!

It's a week filled with breaks...sleeping in...eating breakfast a little less rushed...more flexibility in the schedule and not having to make it into bed exactly at 7:30pm for school the next day.

A week in which a Kindergartner, his little brother and his momma get to go on a trip to see Nana and Papa.

A week in which we get to spend quality time together, momma and the boys...reading stories, having picnic lunches, playing at the park, going on bike rides, having play dates, eating snacks together...living in each moment and having fun!

As I sat on my bed this morning reading His Word and praying...I was reminded what this week looked like for Jesus so many years ago.

A week that was filled with a lot of firsts, lasts and huge purposeful moments.

And then it went even deeper for me...

It was a week in which Jesus was fully God...He knew each and everything that would happen. Every detail...and yet He still chose to go through the week.

It was a week in which Jesus was fully human...He heard, felt and lived out each detail.

Remembering this made me remember it's a week filled with a whole lot of love.

Purposeful love.

Perfect love.

Not only a week changing love.

But Life changing love.

My prayer this morning is that no matter what our week looks like is that there will be moments in which we experience this love. The purposeful, perfect, life changing love Jesus has for us!

2 comments:

achildoftheking said...

Yes, LORD! Praise You! In Jesus' name, amen.

Lori said...

Oh, How He loves you and me! He gave His life - what more could He give? Oh, that today I could live purposefully, loving and sacrificing myself to bless those around me! That, truly is how the world will know Him: By our love that we give freely to others'. It sets us apart and makes us look different.

Love = Sacrifice

Help, this self-centered girlie, dear Lord! I so want to love, compassionately, like you modeled to us when you were here on Earth.

Thank you for your Word, which guides me and shows me your will for me. I love you with all of my heart. Amen.

Blessings, Lori

PS And, oh, dear Lord...Thank you so much for sweet Nichole. She always, always, gets me thinking more about you! She is living out your Word, which says to, "let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Heb. 10:25).
Today, Dear Lord, show your favor on her and give her a miracle. Love on her and hold her close to You. May she know without a doubt, that today you are guiding her and helping her get through each moment. Be her everything. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

Hugs, to you, sweet Nichole!