Monday, June 21, 2010

Priorities

Is it easy for you to keep things in order?

Do you find yourself stressed?  Overwhelmed?

Have you ever felt like you just didn't know what you were supposed to be doing?

Have you ever lost track of your purpose?

Confused?

Well as I found myself reading Chapter 12 last night in Eat the cookie...buy the shoes. I am hearing God whisper to my heart how easily we can get things out of order.

Priorities.  Its a big word packed full of a lot of meaning.

It won't take you long to look around you and be able to identify the priorities of this world. 

The priorities of this world are greatly different then the ones God has.

And I have found myself many times 'out of order'.  And last night I was reminded that there is purpose and beauty in His priorities.

Joyce calls the priorities:

Sit
Stand
Walk
Run

Sit.  Here is where we find ourselves seated with Jesus.  A place of relationship. Peace. Rest.  A place to be loved on.  Learn from our teacher.  A place to be protected.  Refueled.  Energized. 

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6

If you believe in what Jesus has done for you, and you have accepted His gift for you, then you are seated with Him right now!

Have you learned to sit and enter into God's rest?

"Faith allows us to rest mentally and emotionally.  Even our will gets a rest when we have faith in God." (pg 133)

When we sit, we experience a place of power.

A power that will make us ready to stand.

Stand. Strength. Commitment. Courage.  We choose to stand firm in faith, knowing and trusting God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do.  Knowing, trusting, believing. 

We will have the energy and strength to stand, when we have learned the art of sitting.

Walk. Each step we take is a choice. Steady.  Set pace.  Rhythm. This is active.  Moving forward.  Faith, trust, and obedience needed to make healthy choices will lead to steps taken.

"Knowing is not enough; we must do and the doing is called our walk with God." (pg 136)

And when you have trained.  When you are ready.  You then will run.

Run. Intentional. Motivated. Goal. Hard.

"If you have learned to sit, stand, and walk in God, it is time to start running in and with God." (pg 138)

Personally after reading this chapter I have found myself a little 'out of order' here with these priorities.  I am praying, trusting and knowing that my place right now is to sit.  In all of my flesh I want to be running.  However I can hear God whispering to my heart how I am not ready.  To say that was an easy whisper to hear would be not truthful...but I trust God to know better than me...His way has never led me down the wrong path.  So I will find myself sitting, resting and learning in Him...it really is a great place!

3 comments:

achildoftheking said...

Nichole... this is quite powerful. I think this should've been an earlier chapter.... It sets the stage for things to happen.

Kimberly said...

That is so much what my pastor was talking to us about yesterday. Learning to SIT. Before we can move on with any "doing" there HAS to be the "being" with God, the sitting with Him.

So, I'm thinking that with hearing it yesterday and reading it today, maybe He's telling me something? ;)

Love to you, sweet lady.
K :)

From the Heart said...

Sorry I've been MIA but my computer started acting up and have I ever been stressed out, so this post is great. I just need to sit with God and let Him work all this out in His timing. For everything there is a reason.
Blessings, AE