Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mama Mia

This is a post to thank the man who delivers joy to me in the form of a $4.00 video in the comfort of our family room! Saturday night as I lay snuggled in my comfy jammies and a warm blanket in my over sized chair and the Engineer is over on his reclining man couch in his own blanket...because there is only one scientific calculated way to cover yourself up in a blanket! No there are no problems in our marriage...the girl in me just prefers comfy blanket chaos while the Engineer has a method that takes a little time to execute! Anyway sorry for that...back to the video....yes the Engineer brought home Mama Mia for me! Okay I have to point out that it was strategically placed on top of The Mummy. And just so you know the only thing I care about being wrapped up warm and snuggly is me...so he knew that it wouldn't be a movie for my liking so he had to slip it in cleverly disguised under Mama Mia. Yes the Engineer is full of sweet treats and joy giving and it comes in all different forms and all different times. Like later on during the movie when he starts singing along to the show tunes...or even better when he danced along at the end to Dancing Queen. Now I enjoyed myself royally...tears, belly ache laughter and all! The only regret...I didn't capture it on film to share with you all! Yes my Engineer has some extra hidden talent! Some great BIG hidden talent. Like talent that needs to stay locked up until we are desperate and have no other options...or if the whole Engineer thing gets boring....then I say go BIG!

This will tie in nicely to the Friday Challenge...so come back and visit on Friday and be ready to do something BIG!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you two had a great time!

I like the mummy movies...my hubby on the other hand does not. He is mostly a cops & robbers type of movie man.

I haven't seen Mama Mia yet, I have heard it's a good one.


Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Well, because of this post... I want you to know I will be singing these two songs ALL DAY LONG! hee hee

I love nights like that. Thanks for sharing yours! :o}

Have a great day.

Kelly said...

I absolutely cannot picture my own engineer doing this, so I am laughing at the thought of yours. Sounds like a fun "date" night.

Edie said...

LOL! Somehow I doubt that the whole Engineer thing will ever get boring. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Ah the good life. :)

Edie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edie said...

Ooops, sorry about the duplicate. Blogger is not playing nice.

Sue J. said...

My folks saw the real show and said I HAD to see it. Well....haven't seen it OR the movie, but I know most of their music all too well.

Can't wait to see how this fits in on Friday. (You're not the ABBA karaoke type.....!)

Sharon said...

You sure had me lol.... My man does those things too. hahahaha
I too liked the mummy movie, the special effects were great. Sounds like you two had alot of fun. Enjoyed reading this post, thanks for making me smile.
Huggsss
Sharon

Kimberly said...

hee hee...
I can't wait to see what you've got in store for Friday! :)

The Patterson 5 said...

I am lol reading your discription of your Engineer dancing and laughing!

Hope the movie was good!

My ADHD Me said...

That Is SO Sweet!!
Now I'm smiling...and humming Dancing Queen..