Monday, January 26, 2009

There go the brownies



"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

The past two weeks for me have been insane, literally at moments I have felt insane. I have had crazy weird episodes, that are brought on by horribly painful headaches. At one period the headaches got so intense I told the Engineer I really thought that I was dying...I know that's serious...but my tolerance was gone and so was rational thinking at that point. Well when I failed to do anything but sleep...he took me to visit the hospital. And after spending our entire vacation fund within a matter of a few hours, the diagnosis...a virus! Which means, go home and rest! They gave me some stuff to deal with the pain and something for nausea as the pain in my head was giving me tummy aches. I felt very discouraged. So a few days later I met with a Naturopath doctor to review some blood work and there were a few things that showed up on the blood work, low in calcium, high glucose and a very high number of Epstein Barr virus. The treatment plan is to try and tackle things via my immune system, blood, and diet. So I am taking a calcium supplement, lowering my sugar in take....now this is the hard one for me...and can I just share a little side note...the Engineer threw out the pan of brownies that were sitting on the counter...did I mention this is making me feel insane and that brownies are comfort food to me...there are past posts on my brownie issues!! Anyway the Engineer states he did it out of love...tough love! Anyway I am also taking Lysine for an anti-viral, drinking lots of fluids like green tea, pomegranate and cranberry juice, water. Trying to eat healthy. And yet I am still having the headaches, and body aches. But yesterday God spoke to me pretty clearly....

"Nichole its not in you to do this, your body is weak, and you don't have the strength! You need to ask Me to be your strength"

So here I am Monday morning and I am asking for His strength.

I need His strength today to....

Keep my thoughts captive.

To care for the boys.

To not over do it and to rest!!! (This is my hardest battle right here!)

So as I am praying for Him to fill me with strength for my day, I am praying for you too!

What do you need His strength today for?

May we quit trying to do it on our own and truly realize our need for Him!

16 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

My prayers are with you today, Nichole. I know God will strengthen you and hold you and I'm thankful he's given you such a wonderful blessing of your engineer who threw out the brownies

Sharon said...

Praying for you, I understand what you are going through and I had the same thing, but you know the Lord woke me up out of a dead sleep,"when I had fever and headaches" and told me to go drink welch's grapejuice, I heard him say 3 times, so I got up "I think my hubby thought i was sleep walking" :) anyways I have 2 refrig's, so I went to spare frige and low in behold i had welch's grape juice, I drank a full glass ohhhhhhhhhh it was so gooddddd. then every hour the lord woke me and I drank the hole bottle before morning... I felt 100% the next day!
Try it.
Feel better my friend
Sharon '
Huggsss

More than Survival said...

Isn't that the hard part??? Giving it to God and resting in HIS strength!! I know I am guilty of what you are going through... trying to solve things with my own wisdom, my own understanding, my own strength.... yet get NOWHERE!!!! "Trying" to get rest doesn't work for me..... I have to "determine" to get rest.... turn off the tv, the computer, ignore the dishes, ASK for help, put simple suppers in the crock pot and only do the BASICS of my daily routines. ASKING for help is KEY!!! Also, putting on PJ's and GOING to bed EARLY. I am praying for you!!!! In JESUS' name be HEALED!!!!
Heather

Mylah Stanton said...

There went the brownies huh? It's all good Sister Nichole...you know why? Because your life is sweeter than that whole pan of chocolate goodness! I love you and I pray that you would find comfort as God places His healing hands on you!

Wedding planning isn't too bad. Not going to have my dream affair, but as long as God shows up, I'm A-Ok!

No, I can't afford She Speaks this summer. Mike and I are financing our own wedding and will also need to find an apartment so...I can't go. :-(

Are you?

Kelly said...

You need to talk to your regular MD about the Espstein Barr markers, that is rather serious (or can be).

I hope you're feeling better - and how wonderful to have a man love you so much as to throw out your brownies. LOL. My husband would have eaten them for me. LOL!

Sue J. said...

Wow.... Well, don't fool around with Epstein-Barr. I'm glad you have the strength to share what all your virus is.

God may truly be showing you a season to slow down. It's a bloggy holiday with Nichole, you know? The boys are still really important. Your bloggy friends will be here when you get back. You need God's strength for the day-to-day, which may just mean the strength to remember how to nap again :-)

Hugs and prayers!

Joyful said...

Praying for you Nichole. Trust today has been a better day.

I always remember our Pastor saying years ago that quite often we don't need the Lord to give us strength, but BE our strength. I have never forgotten that truth.

I pray He has been your strength today. Praying too that He will give you an "Aaron and Hur" to hold you up and give you support. Sounds like the Engineer is doing just that!

Love ya,
Joy

My ADHD Me said...

Headache are awful and migraines can put you down for days.
I just paused and said a prayer for you.
From one who suffers also,
M

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

How scary!! Rest girl!

Lord, let your arms of strength surround Nichole in these next few days!! Pump her up like never before and just let your love flow from heaven on her sweet body!

Kimberly said...

I am praying for you!

Lord, I just lift Nichole up to you right now. I do not even know exactly what all I should even pray for her, but I know that the Holy Spirit can take my meager prayer offerings and perfect them. Thank You that You are all that Nichole needs and more. Thank You that You are forever for her and not against her. Thank You that You are her Healer, her Provider, her Peace. I love You, Father, and I thank You that Nichole is in the best and most capable hands she can be in...Yours!
Give her sweet rest in You today. Amen.

Love you!!! I wish there was something more I could do for you. Trusting He will continue to take good care of you,
K :)

Kristen said...

Praying you are feeling much better. Rest your body and your soul dear bloggy friend!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Perfect thoughts for my week! I need to solely rest in him and find my comfort in his strength, not my own. I'm hoping for some relief for you very soon!

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

If you feel discouraged and at the end of your rope I read these three promises today to take a hold of.
Ps 27:14 "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart;wait, I say, on the Lord."
Ps 62:5 "Wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him".
Ps123:2 "As the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters...so our eyes look to the Lord our God"
When we need Him most, We need His strength He calls us to wait on Him..May you rest in knowing He is strengthening you during this time of rest...
I Love You
Love, Hugs and Prayers
mom

Sue J. said...

Lord,

I pray for dear Nichole today, that you would bless her with Your presence as she needs to see You today. It may be in sheer strength to get up and move; it may be in an "extra hand" with the boys; it may be in having her daily responsibility "taken away" for a time, so she can be at rest.

Father, we know how much she loves You. She witnesses to us regularly and shares Your love so beautifully in what she writes and in Your Word that she shares. Hear our prayers for her health today, that she might continue to know Your peace, Your sovereignty and Your rest, even as she waits.

In Jesus' name, AMEN

Kimberly said...

Hey!
Just checking in on you, friend! How are you? I am praying for you!
Much love,
K

Edie said...

Well I have missed a number of your posts. I am praying that He will strengthen you with His strength.

Isaiah 41:10 is one of my favorite scriptures. This post spoke to me today. I have been battling sever fatigue for a week now.

Thanks and blessings my friend.