Monday, November 30, 2009

Are we ready girls?

Hello and welcome! I hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for! I am truly thankful for each one of you!

Today we are starting a new series here on the blog.

What Happens When Women Say No.

Those six words have been on mind and heart for months. It is something that God has truly been working out in me and through me. As I type this there is a large amount of ‘things’, ‘issues’, and the such that need to be answered. They need a no or a yes. Now some of these things are simple to take care of, others are much bigger issues.

Do you have a ‘stack’ of some of this stuff? Do you have things that need a yes or no?

It is my hearts desire and prayer that we will link arms together as girlfriends and take this journey together. Where are we going you might ask…well anytime we have done a series on this here blog…it’s always a journey my friends! You see I know where we will end up…standing and maybe even kneeling in awe of our most amazing Creator…its all the details, stops, light bulb moments, heart hugs, and the such that I don’t know…it’s the moments when Jesus is gonna love all over us. I don’t know when and where those will come in…oh but girls I know they will. How? Because He promised His daughters that when we seek Him…we will find Him!

I am excited to share this journey with you. As I know that when we journey on purpose, we always get blessed by our Creator!

As we enter the season to celebrate the birth of our Lord, it is with no coincidence, but rather our purposeful God who will lead us on this journey. A journey that will have each one of us examine what things we need to say no to, so in order to say yes to our Jesus. The very Jesus that God sent to us 2000 years ago in such a humble and quiet presentation.

Girls He is asking us to say no to the ‘stuff’, ‘issues’ and the such so that we can come humbly and quietly before Him and present our yes to Him!

What Happens When Women Say No:

To living in bondage.

To the lies of the enemy.

To trying to earn salvation.

To seeking perfection for ourselves and those around us.

To being comfortable.

To being common.

To chaos.

To over scheduling.

To spot filling.

To uncontrolled thoughts, words and actions.

To good things.

To fear, worry, doubt, bitterness.

To being consumed by stress.

To comparing.

Oh girls we have a lot going on!

Are we ready to see What Happens When Women Say No?

Will you join me?

Hey bring a girlfriend along!

I love you!

8 comments:

From the Heart said...

Sounds interesting and inspiring. I'm anxious to know what I need to say No to in order to get closer to the Father.

Lori said...

Oh Nichole I'm so with you on this! Can't wait to get this journey started, my friend!!! Lord, help me say, "NO," when in myself, I so want to say, "YES!" I know what happens when we do listen to Him and say, "no," ahhhh, we're filled to the brim with His Holy Spirit! Living a day victoriously! His light shining right out of us, for all to see. Glory. Glory. Glory to God!

This is going to be g r e a t~ because you are seeking Him and He is going to show up! :)
Hugs,
Lori - AZ

achildoftheking said...

Dear Lord... I so need you in this area... As I sit here tears streaming down my face because of the uncontrolled thoughts that my husband will fall back into his faith crisis and leave me... Please Father help me through this. I know You will meet our needs/my needs. I trust You Father. I simply need a comforted heart to reassure me that You are in control of my life and You will get the glory. In Jesus' name, amen.

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! I'll definitely be following you this month as you explore the task of saying no. I think we have said yes to way too much in our current culture. And we have definitely lost the art of drawing a line in the sand and saying "no, no more, no further, no longer."

Paula V said...

Good twist on words. I thought you were leading toward saying no to things God asks of us. This is cool...saying no to the "bad" things we don't need in our lives (and to good things that we really don't need either.

jenn wolman said...

OH WOW Nichole you have me thinking and I just love that. What is it that gets in my way from having a relationship with our Lord. What do I need to say "no" to; such "earthly" to-do's that take up time from the one who matters the most. What should I say "yes" too; what glorifies the Lord. I just love this blog Nichole because I want to live my life on purpose and now I see how crucial it is for me to sit down and make sure my priorities are in order and that I'm living in a way where our Lord comes first and it's evident in what I do. Thank you so much Nichole for giving me this perspective and for allowing the Lord to speak through you in such a loving and insightful way.

Joyful said...

Nichole, I can't tell you how this has spoken to my heart. I just feel this is so inspired by the Lord. Like Kimberly wrote above, this too has touched me deeply. I'm in my friend...I'm in.

Hugs, prayers and love,
Joy

Kimberly said...

Wow, Nichole. I love your list of things we need to say "No" to. We so often focus on the things we need to say "Yes" to in our walk with the Lord. I love your list of things we need to say "No" to! There are plenty on that list for me!

Blessings, sweet friend!