Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Challenge

Did you know that God wants to bless us? Did you know that He loves to see His children smile and feel joy?

Did you know there are people in our world that don’t know their God loves them? Did you know there are people not living life joyfully?


Today I encourage you to lift someone that you don’t know up in prayer. Go to a blog that you have never visited and pray for that person. Pray for a neighbor you have never met. Pray for your child’s schoolteacher for this year. Pray for the person driving next to you in traffic. Pray for the person sitting next to you in the waiting room.

There are people in our world that need to be lifted up. So join me today in lifting them up to the only One who can bring them joy.

“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you
and give you peace.”
Numbers 6:24-26


May we be passionate about bringing the love of God to everyone!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I love this! I'm up for the challenge. I find it makes a huge difference in my life when I take time to pray for others...takes the focus off of me and my circumstances, helps me with my perspective.

Runner Mom said...

I prayed for a lady this morning that I didn't know. We are in Tenn. visiting my husband's family. We decided to go for a run this morning using the wonderful greenway trails that Tenn has to offer!! Woohoo!!

I saw a woman carrying her belongings in a WAl-Mart bag and her eyes...they were empty..lifeless. I spoke to her and wished her a "good morning" and continued to run. Her eyes have haunted me ever since. I prayed for her and will conine to lift up other homeless people who are truly "lost"--they don't know the Lord. Thanks for your challenge today!

Have a great weekend, sweetie!!
Love ya,
Susan

Krista said...

What a great reminder to pray and challenge to pray for someone who hasn't ask me to. I took your challenge and I have lifted "someone" up in prayer! Thanks for the prayer boost!

Standing in the gap,
Krista

Mylah Stanton said...

This post is right on time. This whole week, I have been stirred in my spirit to pray not only for people I don't know, but people who have hurt me and don't even know it. It has been such an exercise, but it feels so good!

I saw a lady backing out of a parking space and her van was bellowing smoke from the exhaust and the engine squealed loudly. I prayed that God would bless her with a way to make repairs to that van...I can only guess she has kids who depend on that mode of transportation.

This post is confirmation to me! Thanks Nichole for allowing the Spirit of God to move so powerfully in your life.

Love you,
Mylah

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This is a great challenge! I'm just getting back from vacation, but I'm up for the challenge. I was just telling my husband that I don't usually think to pray for our pastor. So, this is confirmation that I'm goint to commit to praying for him and his family. :)