Friday, August 1, 2008

What to do while you wait

We are driving in the car and the song Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin comes on the radio. I am singing along and thankfully both of my boys were born with an insane amount of love and grace for their mommas singing, they just humor me and let me go!

Tyler asks from the back seat, "mom while I wait on the Lord am I supposed to be sitting or standing?"

Whoa..did you catch that? First my soon to be four year old asks, "while I wait….." He is including himself in this whole waiting for God thing, like he gets it. And second his only concern is whether he is "supposed to be sitting or standing?"

Again my boy has taught me the importance of simplicity! He does get it my friends. I am the one who tries to go and do something, or put in my two cents. I am the one who has a hard time just sitting or standing!


May you keep your waiting simple!

Micah 7:7
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

Psalm 38:15
I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God.


Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Isaiah 30:18
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Lamentations 3:24
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Titus 2:13
While we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Jude 1:21
Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.



6 comments:

Tracy said...

Funny how us adults complicate things isn't it, kids just see them as they are. God's grace isn't complicated....it's like the Nike slogan 'just do it' or in this case 'Just let God do it' Ran across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Tracy

Runner Mom said...

Oh, how I loved this! Out of the mouths of babes! I so loved the scripture that you shared and the song by Chris--God uses him to bless me in so many ways! Thank you for reminding me to wait.

Have a great weekend! Oh, I finished THE SHACK!! Would love to chat with you about it!!

Love ya!
Susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, first time here, so glad I came by because this was a great post. I've been singing this song all week, as a matter of fact.

TAMI said...

So glad you popped in over at my Trees & Thorns blog. And a big THANK YOU for leaving your comment of affirmation!!

Our kids are pretty powerful teachers! Tyler gets an "A" for the day!!

Kelly said...

Loved your post today. My daughter asked me the other day "What would you do if Jesus came back right now?" and when I turned the question back to her she said "Fall on my knees and yell "My Savior!"

Jesus said Let the little children come unto me. He also said that unless we believe like a child we can get into the kindgom of heaven. They get it!

R said...

Thanks for posting with the Dees family today!

I know what mean, sister...I'm a "goer" and a "doer" too. Not ever one to sit and wait! :0)

It's amazing what God teaches us through our children.