Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wanna go fishin'

One reason I know God has a sense of humor....He blessed me with two little boys who like to get dirty!

Yes I am that kinda of girl...a "girly girl" who does not prefer to get dirty. I like to stay clean, and I like to wear white. I don't mind picking out certain times to get dirty, as long as I know I can clean up when I am done.


I don't mind fishing, but I don't want to bait my line, I don't want to take the fish off the line and I most definitely don't want to clean and gut the fish. NO Thank you!


Did you know that when God asked us to "go fish" He told us just that..."Go fish and I will do all the cleaning up!"

So I rest assured in knowing its not my job to "clean up others" I just need to "reel them into the heart of God!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your comment and prayer :) It really lifted my spirits!

Kelly said...

What a neat analogy! I love it.

Nicole said...

Awesome analogy. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole

Runner Mom said...

Loved this! How easy it is to forget that He is the one ..not us...who cleans up the true messes(not the ones our little boys make!!!).Thanks so much!
Love ya,
Susan

LeeBird3 said...

Love that word picture about God cleaning the catch! :)

Thanks for your kind words on my blog...you are always such an encouragement to me.

I'm adding your blog to my blog list so I can remember to "check you out" more often! :)

Lee

Jamie said...

So true...it is God who will do the messy clean-up work!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This is so good to know! I, too am a girly girl and I don't care for getting dirty. God is a good God, isn't He!

Loved the analogy!

Sue J. said...

Fishing is so much about patience and endurance and God's timing. Indeed, how can we be successful fishergals without God's direction in steering and placing the boat in plentiful waters and God's strength to pull up those large nets? Cleaning? Definitely NOT our job!

It's so much about our willingness to take the boat out into the waters in the first place--which is what your blog is dedicated to, yes? Purposeful boating, as it were.

Jami said...

amen to that!!

Bonita said...

Great analogy and vivid picture. It brings to mind a neighbor I had as a child who loved to fish and gut the fish on an old tree stump. Stinky, yucky picture which is usually what things become we try to clean up everybody else isn't it?

I'm a girly girl too. I got blessed with a boy and a tomboy.

Lelia Chealey said...

I love the message of your blog! All about Him. I'll definitely be a daily reader! :)