Monday, January 18, 2010

Unsettled

The question was asked yesterday.

What does it mean that God is Sovereign?

And answers were given. And even more questions were asked.

Well I could type these words;

God is Sovereign...means that He sees all, knows all and controls all.

Right?

I can hear the question that was asked in that room yesterday, a bunch of His children sitting around, 'then why did the earth quake in Haiti happen?'

Someone elses question...has led this girl straight to her Father's feet.

A girls heart is completely unsettled.

Yet I know His Sovereignty is NOT.

So I will continue to listen, hear and apply, His truth.

Friends I believe as I sit here and type this at 2:48 in the afternoon, the answer will not be found in seeking the answer to the 'why did this happen' question, but I believe it will be found in seeking Him.

As I sit here I am praying. For I believe I am NOT alone. For others, maybe even you this afternoon have a 'question' and you need your Creator to hear, and answer.

Will you join me in asking?

Lord please prepare our hearts and minds for the out of the box answer You are preparing for us. Amen

Just maybe our hearts will remain unsettled so as to not let us depart our place of settled security, at our Fathers feet.

5 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so thankful that my unsettled heart can trust and rely on my Jesus! The Unmoveable ROCK!

Joyful said...

Beautiful Nichole. There will always be questions. It's part of the mystery of God. If we understood and knew all the reasons we would be like Him. We may not always understand the plan but we can trust His hand.

So thankful He's big enough to handle all my questions,
Joy

Lori said...

Jer. 26:14,"As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right."

He's got the whole world in his hands. Lord, I trust you with my whole heart, and I know that you, are the same God that was, that is, and that will always be. Help me to focus on you and not my questions that I do not understand. Help me not to get side-tracked with the "why's", but rather to love those that so need it. Because that is what you would do and that is who you are. You are the God who loves and then loves some more!

Hugs, Lori

achildoftheking said...

I will lift up in prayer those who have questions. I, myself, am not in this place at the moment. I personally do not question God. I know and trust that He will meet needs and He is in control. There is a purpose whether we realize or know it. It will become clear in time to us. Praise the LORD!

I love the scripture verse Lori provided Jer. 16:14. Great reference.

Sue J. said...

It's hard when the question comes from a little one. You just want to respond with something that helps them understand.

So, we try and turn it around, and tell them that God is going to be working in His might and in His love--and if we watch and listen, we just might see miracles!

We live in a fallen world every day of our lives, but we can choose to live it under God or we can choose to just keep asking and answering our own questions.

As our bloggy friend Edie is profiling this week, God is El Elyon--God Most High!