Saturday, September 11, 2010

One in a Million- Part 2

I come here today to type and share my heart. Which if you know me is always full. Full of emotion. Full of questions. Full of concerns. Full of life. Full of ‘stuff’ that always needs her Jesus to wrap around it and present it to you. So please know that this presentation today is just that. My heart, that I am praying He presents to you. Because in all my humanness I will mess it up. I will not type the sentence with the proper structure (sorry Engineer), I will not use all the right and fancy words (sorry to my writer friends), and I might not make sense.


We all start in Egypt. We are all born slaves. We get used to Egypt. We are comfortable with its smells and sounds. May I dare to say we like what we found, well maybe not like but we know what to expect. The routine, the pattern, the consistency, the lack of change.

And yet Egypt is very personal to each one of us. It’s different, just as different as our DNA. Yes there are chains and bondage. But my chains have a little bit different ‘clink’ sound to them. Not better, prettier, easier…nope chains in Egypt are chains.

Chains that when move call out the sounds of,

Fear.


Mistrust.


Pride.


Selfishness.


Guilt.


Addiction.


Religion.


We were made to live free. We were created to live without the chains. And yet something keeps us in Egypt.


Afraid of the wilderness.


Too tired to walk the journey.


Embarrassed of standing out.


Worried we won’t know which way to go.


Comfortable with the smell, taste and view of our little lot in Egypt.


Making the decision to allow Him to deliver you is big, it’s huge. Allowing Him to remove the chains, grab your hand and lead you out of Egypt is huge.


So where do you find yourself right now?


Are you still in Egypt?


Are you allowing the culture of false beliefs and lies to keep you in chains? Do you have a white knuckle grip on your life plan? Are you depending on a person, place or thing? Are you bound in debt or a career?


Do you believe that He is standing there right now ready to free you? Free you so that you can walk with Him. Walk purposefully towards the Promised Land. A land you were created to live in. A land that will look nothing like Egypt, on purpose.


I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. John 10:10 (The Message)


Will you join me next as I share what happened when I found myself on page 88 of this book?

9 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

You are definitely on your way!!
Thank you for being honest and thank you for your prayers:)

achildoftheking said...

Yes LORD!! AMEN!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

thank you for sharing and being open and honest. I needed it. please pray for us if you have time.

tami
PRAYING for a MIRACLE for Jeremiah
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

From the Heart said...

Well, I left a comment but blogger messed up and I don't think it published. Someone did not want you to hear what I wrote. I'm not sure I can recreate it but will try.

Just keep being the person you are and you will reach the Promised Land. I feel that I am getting closer and closer and oh, how I long to see my Savior who took care of me so many times even when I did not know i needed Him. It just keeps getting better and better.

If you like take a look at my Way of Worship that I put on today. I pray you will come away know "How Great our God Is." We won't have to struggle so much if we just follow His word.
Blessing, AE

Warren Baldwin said...

Good post

Lori said...

I could not resist, i had to turn to page 88 in my book, to see where you were going! aaahh, so so good!

Can't wait for your next post!

God has drawn you to Him, you've been obedient - and He is opening up Himself WIDE, to you my friend. It's fun being on the front row, and witnessing His glory coming out of you!

Holding hands with you; onward Promised Land! Goodbye, east side! Hello freedom!

Trusting Him, His will for me, not my own! Hugs, Lori

Kimberly said...

Quick note...you write BEAUTIFULLY and share your heart BEAUTIFULLY. Just so you know and you can tell the enemy to hush up when he tries to tell you that you can't write or that you don't do it just right.

I love how you write and share your heart. :) And I am headed to read MORE that God is pouring out through you. :)

Karen Hossink said...

Well, I just finished reading this series. Backwards. *grin*
I love what you said in the first (last? Most recently written, but the first one I read. Whatever. I suppose I could scroll back to it and comment there. But I'm here now, and well, this is where I'm commenting. And babbling. *grin*) post - about wanting to desire God more than the promised land. I am so with you on that one.
This wandering in the wilderness does work up a desire in me for the promised land. To be sure. But I want my greater desire to be HIM. And because He is with me even in the wilderness, I have hope.
Thank you for sharing your heart and your experiences through reading this book. You are a blessing to so many!

Love you,
Karen

Research Paper said...

This sound interesting & off beat like…Thanks for linking this up..