Monday, December 22, 2008

Babies...they change your lives!

When my oldest was 8 months old we were out shopping at Fred Meyer and I had him in the little Snugli front pack facing forward and he was smiling, laughing and having a grand ole time. Me on the other hand...I was feeling like a semi truck had run through the store plowed me over and I was about to go out at any second...I found myself a little bench to sit down on...and the little guy who was strapped to my front...kept entertaining himself. I eventually got myself together and got us in the car and home. I unpacked the car, made lunch and then we laid down for a nap. When I woke I remember thinking...it must be the flu...well the flu lasted quite a few days...and no one else around me got sick! So yes I submitted to the little test and it was positive within seconds...as I stood in the bathroom...needing no angel to tell me I was having a baby...I felt very much like Mary did in the earliest of seconds, on hearing the news. "How can this be? I already have a baby who is VERY dependent on me!"





Our second little guy came to us as one of the greatest Christmas gifts. He was born in the month of December. Three years ago I remember living in great expectation of meeting this little one who God had designed on purpose. I remember trying to fathom how Mary felt knowing her responsibility far outweighed mine...for she was carrying Jesus!





I know many friends and family members who also celebrate their birthdays in the month of December.





One being Miss Savannah! This is one of Cindy's precious girls (http://armygirlsx4.blogspot.com/). Savannah is not feeling so great...so please pray for her to feel better on her birthday!





Happy Birthday to you Savannah!
May you feel like the princess He created you to be! I love you!






May we understand that great gifts come in small packages...in the forms of little babies that can change our lives!

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

So sweet!
Happy December Birthdays! Especially to your little man and to Savannah!

Love to you,
K :)

Paula V said...

I can imagine that mothers expecting in the month of December would think often of Mary and her experience carrying the Christ child.
Love,
Paula

Tea with Tiffany said...

Popping in to say Merry Christmas! I've enjoyed your blog and friendship...

Sue J. said...

I had RJ2 in early February and definitely remember reading Luke 2 at our MOPS Christmas brunch with way more interest and emphasis and heart than I ever had before!

Congrats to your guy today! I'm sure you'll be celebrating big time!!

Karen Hossink said...

Yep, my babies certainly changed my life.
And The Baby Jesus??? Oh, am I ever, ever, ever grateful for the way He changed my life!!!

My Army Brats and Me said...

thanks for praying for me.you make me feel better already.tommorw i am celbrateing!love savannah noel summers

My Army Brats and Me said...

Happy Birthday to your little angel. Sending love your way.

Cindy

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That's so sweet. I often wonder what Mary felt like...she was so brave. I actually wrote a similar post to this that will be up on the 24th...seems like a lot of minds are thinking alike knowing that the greatest gift to the world came as a baby who changed everything

The Patterson 5 said...

Happy Birthday to your little man and Savannah! Prayers she will be feeling better soon!

Kristi O said...

I have a Savannah as well.
She is a true gift from God. I pray that even though her birthday is past this next year is truly the best God has for her. Amen!