Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 34 of the Journey and a change of shoes

Hello! I am glad you are here! Are you warm and toasty? It’s NOT so warm and toasty here in our neck of the woods…we are sitting well below 20 degrees…and yep folks that is BELOW freezing. But we do have great amounts of snow to show for it!!







If you are new to the blog, Welcome! My friends and I have been on a 40 day journey that we started in November during a Friday Challenge.



We started by asking God, which led us to seeking Him. Seeking His answers. This journey has not been easy for most of us, but well worth it! What started off with one question has led us into a much deeper relationship and understanding of who God is. Amen! We have had some definite barefoot moments. I do have to admit though currently I am journeying with these on my feet…to keep my tootsies warm!




All of our journeys have looked so beautiful and so different. For that reason I could stand in awe of our Amazing God.


There is purpose in the journey. Our journey is not going to be completed in 40 days, I believe this time was spent in serious focus to get us moving in His direction. Our journey might seem long and painful, but remember God isn’t just keeping us breathing, He is preparing us to live in service and devotion to Him.


We are on Day 34 of the journey, and I continue to pray with you and for you. Knowing God will reveal more of Himself to you!


God has asked me to ask you to share some fruit of your journey with others. He has asked me to open the blog at the end of the 40 days for you to share. Remember that what you went through brought you closer to the heart of God, and just what if there is someone else out there that NEEDS that same journey. Yes I believe the journey will look different for them, but they may need you to help them start their journey! If you feel led to share, please email me. I love to show God off and the work He is doing!

Jesus loves you!

10 comments:

Paula V said...

I'm not participating in the 40 days but wanted you to know I was here and comment.

You got some snow alright. My parts get snow and cold weather but nothing like that YET. ugg.

I've got some snow boots in case though.

Pinkshoelady said...

Hey Sweet Cold Friend,
Here in my part of the world it is 37 today, but two days ago it was 74....hence my sniffles. A body just was not meant to take that kind of change in weather without a fight.

This challenge has been tough and I will need to go through and try to put down on paper what has happened. My first flesh reaction says nothing that I have seen no change in the situation...except in some spots it has gotten worse!

But I know Jesus! I know better than to look at my circumstances. He has been changing things. I'll e-mail you what I can soon. Thanks for praying
I love you my sweet friend!

Pamela

Sue J. said...

I would like to stand in your new shoes for a bit! We will be journeying in a few days to find snow.

The other journey is clearly not over, but I would like to share my progress at some point; thanks for the open invitation!

Jami said...

Bless you Nichole!! :)

Kimberly said...

Have I told you yet today that I absolutely love your heart for Him?

Merry Christmas, friend!
Lots of love,
K

Sharon said...

Blessings to you my friend, it really mean't alot when I came on this morning and saw a post from you!! Touched my heart

Merry Christmas

Love,
Sharon :)

Edie said...

Hi Nichole! Ooooh it looks ccccccold over there. brrrr, and I thought I was cold.

Not sure about sharing but I will pray about it.

Have a richly blessed Christmas friend.

The Patterson 5 said...

Looking cold over where you are. Warm here-kiddo's are out with Dad for a great time to romp and run to the playground. My prayers have been with you on your journey that is thankfully not over. I'd love to hear what the Lord has been revealing about Himself to you. Thanks for bringing me along!

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have come here from Ms. Laura's blog. I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa

http://indianshortstories.wordpress.com/

http://cleanfiction.blogspot.com/

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

My brother is in Seattle and they too have TONS of snow!! I hope you stay warm!!

Got to see Cindy over the weekend we talked about how super sweet you are and hope that we can meet you one day! I've been praying for you and hope all is going well!

Can't wait to hear about other's journeys during this 40 days.