Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Challenge

Welcome to the blog! Today’s Friday Challenge has been on my heart and in my conversations with God for a couple weeks now.

What does it mean to be barefoot before God?

The Commander of the LORD’s army replied, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so. Joshua 5:15


Have you been barefoot before God?

"Do not come any closer," God said, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." Exodus 3:5

When we come seeking God we must be barefoot, there must be nothing in the way of experiencing His holiness.


When was the last time you were barefoot before God?


Please join me

Allow Him to remove our shoes.

Allow Him to cleanse our feet.

Stand in His presence barefooted in reverence and awe.


Blessed are the people who know the passwords of praise, who shout on parade in the bright presence of God. Delighted, they dance all day long; they know who you are, what you do—they can't keep it quiet! Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us— you've been so good to us! We're walking on air! All we are and have we owe to God, Holy God of Israel, our King!
Psalm 89:15-18 The Message



You have shown me the way of life,and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.’
Acts 2:28 (NLT)


In His presence we will experience everlasting joy.


May we want to know more about Jesus and keep walking barefoot in His presence.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Amen sister! I love your heart and the way you challenge us!

Love,
Nicole

Runner Mom said...

Oh, how I love this!! Barefoot before God! What a great challenge. Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend.
Love you,
Susan

Sue J. said...

That really is a challenge, Nichole...especially the part about having Him do all the "prep work."

I know a gal who, on her wedding night, had her husband wash her feet and recite those Scriptures from Jesus. Pretty overwhelming!

But that is the kind of reverence with which we are supposed to come to God.

Beloved of God said...

I love it! What a wonderful post! I have just started reading '31 Days of Praise' and getting into PRAISE is THE thing for me right now! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, it was such an encouragement.. much love, xx

Kimberly said...

This post is so sweet. I don't mean that in an "awwww, that's so sweet" sort of way. I mean, it makes me think of the sweetness of just sitting with my Father and truly tasting His goodness, truly feeling the warmth of His amazing love. Thank you for challenging us to be barefoot with Him. I love that picture! And I love the way that passage from Psalms sounds in the Message!

You bless my socks off! Hey...I guess that's a real good thing since I'm being challenged to go barefoot!

Love you,
K :)

(So, when are you talking the engineer into moving you to SC so we can hang out? hee hee)

Tea with Tiffany said...

I'm with you. Ready to meet Him anew this day.

Bless you for drawing us closer to our King!

achildoftheking said...

Your posts always humble me Nichole.

Dear Father I come to YOU humbly via my blog friend Nichole's words that You inspired her with as a barefoot praiser to YOU. I praise & glorify You with all that I am in Jesus' name. Thank You Father God for Your grace & mercy to keep loving me. I love You Father God, In Jesus' name, amen.

Shanda said...

I loved this post! It's great to find sisters in the Lord who are willing to be barefoot before the Lord...and with one another.

Joyful said...

Absolutely beautiful. May my feet be covered with His dust as I walk and wait so closely in His presence.

Blessings,
Joy

Joy Junktion said...

I absolutely LOVE your Friday challenges:)