Monday, December 29, 2008

Beginnings and Endings

I could write a list of things that I have began and have never finished. I have a box of pictures that need to be put into my scrapbooks, I have sewing projects, and a quilting project I started years ago as a gift for my Mother in-law.

Today marks day 40 of a journey we began back in November. We began with a question. For some of us there was a definite answer to that question. For others there was an answer that led us to ask another question, and there are still others standing barefoot listening to His voice as He reveals an answer. This journey did have a beginning, however I am happy to state that we will not see an ending until He has completed the work in us that He needs to do. He is a God who completes every project He begins!

So don your t-shirt and wear it with pride

"I am a work in progress!"

And friends this work is nothing you can do. No, your job is to submit and allow the Holy Spirit to work through you. And hey for me, I even need help with the submission part! Yes this girly needs help.

I know that beginnings can be scary things, because they might have followed an ending of something else.

The ending of a marriage.

The beginning of living without a spouse.

The ending of a house full of children as they head off to college and get married.

The beginning of motherhood.

The ending of a career.

The beginning of living with a disease.

The ending of a relationship.

The beginning of a relationship.

We must turn all our beginnings and even our endings over to Him and allow Him to bring purpose to them. For what looks like nothing to us is something to Him.

From a chaotic mess to an organized system

From a pile of ugliness to a beautiful display


God was there in the beginning and He has already been there to write the ending, so trust Him that the journey has purpose.

May we allow Jesus to be our beginning and our ending.

Update: Please email me if you would like to share about your 40 day journey. I know some of you have some great lessons we could all learn from!

11 comments:

Runner Mom said...

I need one of those t-shirts! In a pretty pink,please!!

I am still working on my 40 days...and will continue to do so. This was a great way to focus on what the scriptures say about our strongholds and what needs to be done.

Time for a run!! It stopped raining!! What are yoru running plans today??

Love ya,
Susan

Joyful said...

"...trust Him that the journey has purpose". That line has spoken to my anxious heart this morning. Tomorrow afternoon I make a return trip to the hospital because of a test result that showed something just before Christmas. Thanks for the reminder to keep trusting Him.

The comment you left on my blog this morning reminding me of your prayers was/is so precious.

Love and prayers to you,
Joy

My ADHD Me said...

I really enjoyed this. It's reassuring to know that when things come to an end, that is always the beginning of something else.
Have a great day and thanks again for your encouragement!

Jami said...

Amen!!

Paula V said...

I never thought about it fully but every beginning was preceeded by an ending. Every ending is followed by a beginning. Beginnings can be good. Beginnings are blessings from God but I think when they follow painful endings...ending of marriage or relationship, losing a spouse, it's so hard to see the beauty in the beginning while we have our head turned back wanting the ending not to have ended. As I write this, I ponder on my father who lost his wife of 30 years two years ago and he still struggles with finding his place and peace. I ponder on my own self and the ending of a relationship yet the hope of God's divine and miraculous resurrection.

Love,
Paula

Paula V said...

Oh, I meant to also say...

Amen that we are a work in progress and will be until we reach Heaven. He is molding us closer and closer into His image. Of course, for some of us the molding feels like it's only a centimeter at a time. haha

Kelly said...

Great blog as always! You are very introspective and I enjoy what you share.

Kimberly said...

"For what looks like nothing to us is something to Him."

Praise God, praise God, praise God for that truth. He has purpose in my every day, no matter how ordinary or unimportant that day may look to me.

You have been on my heart and in my prayers.
Love to you, friend!
K :)

Edie said...

"From a chaotic mess to an organized system. From a pile of ugliness to a beautiful display."

This speaks to my circumstances right now. But I know His hand is in it and the tide is turning.

Thank you Nichole for helping us to begin this specific journey.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I need a shirt too!! =)

Praising God for all He's done and is going to do!!

Sharon said...

I am work in progress no doubt!
Happy New Year my friend looking forward to sharing more of God's word with you next year
God Bless
Sharon