Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Was it worth it?

Thank you for peeking into my world yesterday. And to answer the question of:

"Were the cookies worth it?"

1.They were english shortbread cookies covered in chocolate. The box contained 6 and there is no evidence of them ever being in our home...not a crum.

2. Karen (Alaska Airlines) laughed so hard while on the phone with me! I sure hope it helped her get through her other "crazy" calls with the other frequent flyers! She totally could relate with the engineer, or maybe she has been married to one a lot longer than I have! She also thought it insane that FedEx would want me to scoot all around town with the box of cookies trying to return it.

3. The joy of seeing my engineer and his two little engineers in training sitting around a table eating cookies, laughing, and saying..."thank you mommy for asking Karen if we could have the Christmas cookies!"


The wife of the engineer knows that what is given out will come back to her. Does a box of cookies snagged from Mr. Previous Homeowner via a 20 minute phone call with Karen at Alaska Airlines earn 1 new pair of shoes or 2? I am waiting while the Engineer runs his calcuations....

9 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

You are the cutest thing! I enjoyed this post..What fun for my day!

Love your blog.
Love your heart.

Kelly said...

Definitely 2 pairs. Definitely!

Sue J. said...

HA! That's excellent....

For me, I would have such gnawing guilt about holding on to someone else's cookies. So, that you were submissive to your husband and went through channels, why shouldn't you receive (and devour!) delicious cookies?!

There obviously no engineering in this girl. But, computer database work and engineering are probably pretty close.... We sometimes get a T-shirt. (gack!)

Kristi O said...

Since there is a shoe sale at Nordstrom definitely 2 and if you can get them at the rack, then 3! See I could be an engineer too!

Kimberly said...

hee hee
I forgot to say in my last comment that I laughed out loud about him keeping count of how many pocketbooks and children are in your home. hee hee hee

SURELY you get shoes or something for that phone call!

Edie said...

LOL!! I'm voting 2 pair!

Glad you enjoyed the Dilbert cartoon. :) There was one other video that was hysterical but I didn't want to overkill. If you are interested it was called "how an engineer folds a t-shirt".

Ok, no more, I promise. :)
Enjoy the shoes!

Jami said...

now you're thinking! so funny!

The Patterson 5 said...

Two pairs of shoes for sure! :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

that is SO FUNNY...giggling along with the other gals.:)